Washington D.C. Reciprocal Club – Army and Navy Club

901 17th St NW
Washington, District of Columbia 20006-2503

Tel: (202) 628-8400
Fax: (202) 296-8787
Overnight Accommodations: Yes

Click Here for club Website
Click here to email club
Request a Letter of Introduction

Review this Club by commenting below.

This entry was posted in District of Columbia. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Washington D.C. Reciprocal Club – Army and Navy Club

1. Lanny A. Kope says:

While the facility is nice…it is very stuffy. You have to wear coat and tie at all times to use the facilities…breakfast…the bar…dinner….the staff reflects this stuffiness also…would not recommend it if you’re in a tourist mode.

Lanny A. Kope
    Colonel USMC (Ret)

2. Elaine Freeman says:

I recently entertained 10 guests at the Club for cocktails/dinner and found it exceptional in service, quality of food and ambience. Everyone enjoyed the formality and did not find it stuffy.

I am about to entertaining another group of ten and look forward to a lovely evening.

Elaine Freeman
    Navy Widow

3. William Rudland says:

I’ve been a guest at the Army and Navy Club many times over a 30 year period and have found the lodging, dining, cocktail lounge and events facilities exceptional in every way. The Thursday night seafood buffet is a real treat, especially if you like oysters on the half shell. I’ve never had a disappointing experience.

4. John R. Hardy says:

I try to stay at the Army/Navy Club at least a couple times a year while in Washington on business. Have always found the staff to be very helpful. Food and Bar service outstanding, and a hidden jewel is the library on the second floor. A great place to get lost for a couple of hours wandering through a fine collection of military history! Also they have valet parking that is efficient and not overly expensive.

5. Ann J says:

I recently stayed at the Army-Navy Club while in DC on business. The staff and the service are top notch. Very nice place to stay. The food in the dining room is wonderful. Yes, they do require appropriate dress, which I find refreshing. The club is convenient to the Metro and close enough to walk to the Mall sites. I would highly recommend this club and will be staying here again.

6. Kevin Wensing, Captain USN (Ret) says:

Great lunch and attentive and helpful staff.
    Must try the Army-Navy Bean Soup.
    many Thanks and Well done!!!!

7. Walt Kaneakua says:

My wife and I stay at the Army & Navy Club every year when visiting on business. We enjoy the staff and the hotel that is one of the remnants of old Washington and its splendor. Always pleased to visit. The Club and its amazing facilities are a topnotch draw.

8. Elizabeth Harris says:

We stayed at the Army Navy Club in August 2014 while on vacation and taking in e the many DC sights. The rooms are very comfortable and staff attentive. While there is a dress code it did not impact our experience in any way. We simply dressed for meals and wore more casual clothing when touring the sights. Excellent location and close to two Metro stops. We will definitely be staying again and highly recommend.

9. Scott K. Rineer says:

The Army and Navy Club is one of my favorites to visit — The staff is so friendly and caring; their Eggs Benedict is the best for breakfast. Their library on the 3rd floor is fantastic and the downtown location so close to the White House is unbeatable. While I did not stay overnight in the Club this past trip, I have in the past and would recommend it highly to the refined traveler.

10. Everett M. Urech says:

My wife and I had dinner at the Army and Navy Club on a recent trip to Washington, D.C. It was a most memorable experience. We had world class food and service in elegant surroundings. I have been to many fine restaurants and this was one of the best. The only drawback was that their famous Daiquiri Bar (so nicknamed, because it is said to be the place where the Daiquiri was introduced to America by an officer returning from Cuba after the Spanish American War) and the historical library were under renovation.

11. Andrew Singer says:

Visited the Club last week and stayed several nights. I could not be more pleased with every facet of my experience there! Everyone was very friendly from the minute I arrived and the room was very nice. Comfortable Stearns & Foster beds are a plus. Daily breakfast was a nice experience and dinners were excellent. Tuesday evening’s seafood buffet was fabulous. I will be returning to the Army and Navy Club!