London, United Kingdom Reciprocal Club – Royal Air Force Club

128 Piccadilly
London   W1V 7PY

Tel: (44) 0207-399-1000
Fax: (44) 0207-355-1516
Overnight Accommodations: Yes

Click Here for club Website
Click here to email club.
Request a Letter of Introduction

Review this Club by commenting below.

This entry was posted in England. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to London, United Kingdom Reciprocal Club – Royal Air Force Club

1. NIckyB says:

We had the pleasure of staying here for a few days while on a visit to family in the UK.
    The club is in a great location near the Wellington Memorial and Constitution Hill with a spectacular view of Buckingham Palace. We were fortunate enough to come out at exactly the time the Queen’s Royal Horseguards were on their way to the barracks at Knightsbridge. What a spectacular sight to see those magnificent soldiers on perfectly matched horses with armour sparkling in the morning sun. The club offered small but adequate accommodations, friendly and courteous staff in a historic setting with a formal dining room. We would definitely stay there again.

2. Jack Herritt says:

I along with my other family members recently stayed at the Royal Air force Club in London. We completely enjoyed our stay. The property is elegant, historic and the location across from Green Park is excellent. The rooms were well appointed and very comfortable. The staff treated us wonderfully and made us all feel welcome. The Running Horse Pub was a special place to hang out. I would highly recommend the RAF Club to all members should they be in London. The only regret we had was to leave before seeing the new memorial to the WWII RAF Bomber Crews, honoring their gallant service and sacrifices.
    Jack D. Herritt Lt. Col. USAF (Retired)

3. Sherry Tyree says:

What a privilege it was to stay at the RAF Club the week of the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain, September, 2010. As the only American staying there, I was able to mingle with those Englishmen who had gathered to commemorate the anniversary: I would see them at breakfast and then again on TV at night as they were being interviewed by the BBC….. In addition to this excitement was added the beatification of Blessed John Henry Newman, the reason I was in England. Nearby Hyde Park was preparing for the arrival of Pope Benedict XVI while I was there. All in all, lots of people watching at the RAF Club!

The club itself is superb, better than the Naval Club where my husband and I had stayed in the past. Lots of memorabilia on the walls, a huge upstairs sitting room for tea or drinks. As I was hosting some English friends that week, this was a marvelous place to enjoy long hours of quiet (very RAF, that) conversation.

Yes, the bedroom was small, but the bathroom was commodious, allowing for putting all sorts of shampoos, cosmetics, etc. on the counters. The main restaurant offered excellent meals as well as the usual classic English breakfast. Lots of newspapers. The pub offered adequate food, a special RAF ale and all without having to go outdoors in search of a simple bite.

I look forward to returning.

4. Kenneth Henn says:

Had a great Sunday brunch. Would highly recommend. Selection was outstanding!

5. Stephen Markley says:

Spent four nights here in early May. This is a GREAT club! Very helpful staff, great rooms and superb food. We ate most of our meals here because the food was one of the best values we found while in London. I would not think twice about staying here on a future visit to London. When we got back to the US, I got an email from the Club asking for comments. I told them what a great job they had done. The next day I got another email thanking me for taking the time to comment. You don’t see that anywhere in the US.

6. Peter Pate says:

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the RAF Club. Great location, comfortable rooms, very tasty and filling breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, lots of living history, … Everything that you would hope for in a residential club, the RAF Club provides.
    My wife was especially impressed when the staff looked after a travel weary and sleep deprived American family come stumbling into the lobby. We had our luggage stored, then were whisked off to breakfast and filled with all sorts of good things instead of being shooed out the door until check in time.
    First rate! Thank you.
    I would happily stay here again and would recommend it to all. Especially any aviators that want to see how our RAF colleagues honor their history.
    Peter Pate, Lieutenant Commander USNR (Ret.)

7. lewis hanson says:

We could not say enough about the hotel, room, staff, food, and location. Everything worked out perfect.
    Thanking all the staff that help make it such a hit for us.

8. Joseph M. Sherman, Captain USAFR (Ret.) says:

I was a guest of the RAF Club in May 2014. The club is located across from Green Park and minutes from Buckingham Palace, Picadilly Circus, Wellington Arch, Hyde Park, and the Bomber Command Memorial to name just a few sites of interest. I had a Single en suite room and was very comfortable. I found the services offered by the club excellent and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I’ll be returning to London in March 2015 and have a confirmed reservation at the club. Looking forward to my return trip to London and stay at the RAF Club.

9. Sarah Weiss says:

My husband, daughter, and I stayed here for several days while visiting London. The location cannot be beat, adjacent to Hyde Park Corner, and across the street from Green Park with views of Buckingham Palace from our window. All of London is right at your fingertips, and we walked everywhere.
    Their “family room” was perfect–it had a small main bedroom for my husband and I, with an adjoining room with bunk bed for our daughter. There was a bathroom with large bathtub/shower, with every amenity one could hope for. The rooms are not large, but they are spacious enough and you are staying in central London, after all. The staff was incredibly accommodating, and even had an activity pack for our 4 year old upon arrival. The included breakfast was fantastic, and the dining room for breakfast was lovely, with lots of natural light, and beautifully set tables.
    I highly recommend the Royal Air Force Club for any visit to London.

10. Martha Quinton says:

Terrific location and excellent breakfast. Rooms and bathrooms not so good-very small and plain. Certainly not up to a modern deluxe standard. I probably would not stay here again for the price because of the rooms. It’s unfortunate because the location is so good.